Yesterday my 11-yr-old blogged about the perfect gift . . . and to my surprise, instead of naming the top 5 gadgets she wants or something along those lines, she wrote about Jesus (yep, I cried). I commented on her blog that I’ve actually had 4 different perfect gifts in my lifetime: Jesus, my hubby, her, and her sister. Without those 4 people, I have nothing. But it got me thinking . . . what would be on my wish list for “perfect” gifts, even if they are impossible?
1) For Magic to be real . . . particularly the ability to fly on a broomstick. (Airfare is just too darn expensive and I have family & friends spread all around the world I don’t get to see nearly enough).
2) To eat Norman Love Chocolates every day and not gain a single ounce! (Dan was almost sent there again today on another assignment but ended up at the Red Sox Stadium instead, DOH!)
3) To become a NY Times Best Selling Author . . . like the ones I go to the book store for at midnight so I can read their latest release from cover to cover in 24 hours, sporting my homemade fan T-shirt the whole time (ok, my fab sister made it b/c I’m not that crafty, but still. Oh, maybe I should add being crafty to my list? Hmmm).
4) To have a Barnies barista in my home making me Santa’s White Christmas Freezers all day, all year-long (it may be good we don’t always get what we wish for . . . I had to cut back on my coffee intake a few months ago when I thought I may have developed an early case of Parkinson’s . . . turns out many of those same symptoms can be attributed to too much caffeine–oops!)
5) To live in Stars Hallow, which may prove difficult since it is a fictional town featured in Gilmore Girls (anyone else still obsessed with watching reruns of this show?)
6) World Peace (That’s always just a good one to throw in, right?)
7) A perfect gift granted for all my family & friends . . . so what are you waiting for? Tell me what it’d be, just incase we discover magic is real & I can become a Wish Fairy;)
I’ve been using up every birthday and Christmas wish on the same thing: to find an agent and get published. But world peace would great, too!
If you want to get the perfect gift for your sweet daughter who has been completly and totally perfect this year you already know what it is! But I’ll say it anyways for it to be out there for other people to get me too if they are really generous. I want a cell phone. Loved your blog! Thanks for the ideas I’ll be sure to put flying broomstick on the list of things to get! Do you think they’ll have one in the dollar bin at Target? Because I only have one dollar left thanks to X-mas shopping! LOL!!! 😀
Good one Kaylee. I have a broomstick I’ll give you for free! What do you need a cell phone for?
What a great list! I definitely agree about magic being real and NYT bestseller status…
8) hang out with Cheri more.
my “8)” was turned into a smilie face.
So beautiful, Jamie, what Kaylee said! God has His hand on her life! What a special kid!!! I loved your list too! You made me laugh out loud! Love you! Miss you!
Can I tell you how much I love that I’m not the only one who goes to the midnight book releases for certain books wearing the cheesy t-shirts (that I couldn’t make but a savvy friend did:)
Your list is all kinds of awesome!
Well, those are all good things to wish for. You are truely blessed with a loving husband who is a great dad and 2 awesome daughters who are so loving in so many ways.
My wish is to be around for a very long time so that I can spend many more memorable moments with my family. Guess I had better make “quit smoking” my New Years Resolution. Merry Christmas.
Oh I would BE sooooo proud if my 10yo blogged about something like that! I’m happy for you! And there are so many things in that list that are in mine too! I’d love to fly on a broomstick! LOL! My hubby always teases me that I’m his little witch. Haha!
And thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day! It made me happy to see you there! 😀