Lindsey R. Loucks tagged me in the Next Big Thing Blog Hop earlier this month and now I’m paying it forward. Thank you, Lindsey! I will answer ten questions about my book, and then tag five other authors for next week.
Here are the ten questions and answers:
1. What is the title of your book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
Caffeine and chocolate! I mean, it originally came from my cousin being diagnosed with leukemia and writing a bucket list story that happened to involve teenagers. Then I realized that’d already been done with A Walk to Remember, so I took out the cancer and put my own twist on it.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
YA paranormal romance . . . could fall under inspirational too.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Deborah Ann Woll from True Blood would play my main character, Olga, which is funny because Lindsey also picked her for one of her characters. I swear I didn’t copy . . . I had her mind for a few months now.
Oh heck, I’ll go ahead and pick the whole Jedi Order (that’s what my group of friends call themselves in the book . . .yep, Ima Dork).
Nate=Zac Efron (I had a crush on this kid since my daughter got “H.S. Musical” for her 6th birthday. Thank God he’s of legal age for me to lust after now, and 100x hotter!)
Conner=Landon Liboiron from “Degrassi: The Next Generation”
Sean=Corbin Bleu (yessss, I do love me some H.S. Musical!)
Kyle=Logan Lerman from Percy Jackson
Tammy=Jamie Lynn Spears from Zoey 101
Nicole=Miranda Cosgrove from iCarly
5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A teenage girl compiles a list of eighteen things to complete the year of her eighteenth birthday at the suggestion of her therapist as a way to heal from the pain of her best friend’s death and in the process discovers a big secret that will change her life forever. (And breathe . . . I’ve never had to do that before and I hope I never have to again, lol).
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It will be published by Curiosity Quills Press.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About two months. Then I rewrote a few parts, polished, and scrubbed for *cough, cough* . . . um, too many months to keep track!
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Stacey Kade’s Ghost and Goth Trilogy.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Lots of people, but mostly Jesus, George Lucas, and my hubby!
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? It’ll challenge your mind, turn your world upside down, make you question why you are here, make you fall in love with larger than life characters, and give you some good LOL moments (well, that’s what my betas told me so I’m hoping they’re not pathological liars) . Those are the makings of a true literary marauder. And I will hire those really scary clowns from Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights to chase you around your house until you buy it. Just kidding . . . maybe.
Tag! The following five people are IT!
4. Pk hrezo
5. Nancy S. Thompson
Speaking of Nancy . . . I’d like to feature her AWESOME trailer for her upcoming book. Enjoy and see you next Wednesday–hopefully I can reveal my own book cover by then *squeeeeeeeee*