I stand corrected from supportive friends . . . these are rantings of an ‘unpublished somebody!’ Can’t wait till those pesky ‘un’ letters come off-does blogging count;)
Some backstory . . . This summer I read the Jay Asher book titled 13 Reasons Why. It’s comparative to my novel, Sarah’s Crossroads, since the boy’s 1st love makes a suicide attempt but luckily in my story, Sarah doesn’t succeed. I found Asher’s book very compelling and highly recommend it. It’ll make you rethink how you treated people in high school.
The book also gave this romance writer’s idea for tonight’s blog . . . wait for it . . . TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yup, 13 exclamation marks-just incase you’re wondering I saved you the counting. Although the time it took you to read that sentence is probably longer than the time it would’ve to solve that little mystery, sorry;)
August 8, 1998
This is in honor of our wedding anniversary that’s TODAY! 4, 380 days ago I married my soul-mate. For those of you good at math (‘Bless your heart’ I say with a slight smirk b/c I’m not & thought it was the spawn of Satan in H.S.), you know that translates to 12 years so why is it 13 reasons? B/c in my convoluted thoughts which seem are at an all time high since I became a writer (hey, how am I supposed to keep straight reality & the stuff I make up)-I thought it was 13 yrs-even wrote it in his card! Like I said, I’m not good w/ math, but it’s ok b/c we have been together for 13 yrs, just married for only a dirty dozen:) Soooooo here they are for your entertainment (I hope):
13. He’ll still do & does everything for me . . makes my business cards, website, reads my novel to look for holes, plays the part of last resort stand-in groomsmen in my sister’s wedding so I don’t have to walk down he aisle alone.
12. He eats my cooking, the good, the bad, and the ugly and always compliments me (probably for fear of facing my wrath-what can I say? I’ve trained him well).
11. He still keeps Star Wars toys around the house *I actually have a love/hate relationship w/ this one.
Disney Star Wars Weekends
10. He has a Mt. Dew piggy bank on his dresser to put all his change so he can give it to our girls for stickers, tattoos, the crane game, etc.
9. He doesn’t judge me when I eat a whole carton of cookie dough ice cream (I wish I was making this up).
8. He started a Disney pin collection for his 30th birthday.
7. He grows his hair long b/c that’s the way I like it (aren’t artsy people supposed to have long hair anyway).
6. He’s confident enough in my love for him that he doesn’t get upset when I ignore him for hours while I immerse myself in a good book or in my writing (well, maybe he is upset, it’d be hard to tell w/ Dan).
5. He didn’t break-up w/ me when I told him on our 1st date ‘I love you & have known I’d marry you since I was 14 when the voices in my head told me I would (once again, true story-I’m not being cute here).
4. He’s quiet so I get to talk-A LOT!
3. He always knows what I’m thinking, even when I wish he didn’t (it’s that crazy paranormal side to our relationship-cool aye?!).
2. He makes me laugh w/ his passive aggressive humor.
1. He has ALL the attributes I hope our daughters find in their future husbands.
Going for a walk.
Time for the all-encompassing, ‘awwwwwwwwwwww!’ Now post back–what do you love about your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife . . . your bff if you’re not attached to anyone at the moment (and that’s perfectly OK)! Thanks for reading:):):)